Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Israel, Jordan, Egypt - poems

À la recherche des choses trouvées


My camera missing
instead these ancient wonders
live in my mind’s eyes.


My spiral notebook
gone and so I pen new lines
on heart’s pristine page.


My worn old backpack
could never have held all the
sights, sounds, memories.


***************************


Fourth Dimension


Pyramids Petra Masada
Mitla Tikal Xi’an
gifts to posterity from architects
and builders buried ages ago beneath
the very earth that bore these rocks.


Time made tangible palpable
solid substantial bricks and rocks
paint and plaster statues
and cities speak of a past
that does not know it has passed.


Listen carefully to the ones who
whispered these places into concrete
existence occupying measured space
through immeasurable time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marge,

Wonderful words. Thanks

- Allen Potter

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

Marge, I loved both of the poems. I am never far away from the memories of our amazing trip!
Madeline

12:19 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Margery,
Loved the poems and your blog. Your writing is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful New Year. Larry and Judy

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home